The EMT-Basic course is designed to train individuals in skills and knowledge necessary to complete the National Registry EMT examination and to achieve certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
- Complete the didactic portion at your own pace
- Learn valuable, life-saving skills with experienced EMS professionals.
- Real World, Hands-On Clinical Experience
How does it work?
Complete the Didactic Portion Online
Work at your own pace! The student will spend 152 hours completing 41 chapters online and have full access to the e-books, audiobooks, interactive videos, and flashcards on our user-friendly student portal.
Complete the Hands-On Skills Training Sessions
Each student will complete at least two skills practice days and at least one NREMT Testing Day. These training sessions are held with Franktown Fire Department and are posted well in advance to accommodate our students' schedules and potential travel arrangements.
Complete the Clinical Internship
Students will complete at least 24 hours (two 12 hour shifts) with Franktown Fire Department.
How do I become an EMT in Colorado?
Enrollment is simple! Here are the steps:
Complete the Program Application online.
Turn in a scanned copy of your government issued photo ID
Make the tuition payment
Why RC Health Services
RC Health Services aims to train the highest quality “street ready” EMTs that meet the ever-growing demand of highly skilled and knowledgeable healthcare workers.CLICK HERE FOR YOUR
FREE INFORMATION PACKET
TOTAL TUITION INCLUDES:
- eBook and audiobook
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Class
- Clinical Rotation Fees
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen (done within 30 days of Clinical Orientation)
- Clinical I.D. Badge
- Liability Insurance
BEFORE YOUR CLINICAL ROTATIONS, YOU MUST TURN IN:
- A medical history and physical form completed by your physician or clinic
- Copies of proof of the required immunizations
- Other forms required given upon enrollment